It is an absolutely wonderful time to visit Cape Town – the weather is superb, the Pound, Euro or Dollar are at an all-time high against a weak Rand and there are beaches, world-class restaurants and experiences of a lifetime just waiting here for you to enjoy. So without further ado, here are our Top 10 things to do in Cape Town. Print this out, fold it up and stash it in your passport.
Top 10 Restaurants
These restaurants offer some of the best food in South Africa as well as ambience. Some of these restaurants really do need to be booked in advance, so incorporate them into your trip’s itinerary or ask us to help.
- The Test Kitchen, Woodstock
- La Colombe, Constantia
- Aubergine, Gardens
- The Round House, Camps Bay
- Haiku, Cape Town
- The Foodbarn, Noordhoek
- The Pot Luck Club, Woodstock
- Bistro 1682, Steenberg
- The Greenhouse at Cellars Hohenort, Constantia
- 95 On Keerom, Cape Town
Top 10 Beaches
The wind blows in Cape Town so ask a local for their advice on the best beaches to visit depending on the weather. The wind can be howling in one part of the city and the other side of the mountain can be pretty calm. Clifton 2 is calm in nearly all weather but there are so many different beaches to explore and each beach has a different draw card.
- Camps Bay
- Boulders Beach
- Long beach, Noordhoek
- Long beach, Kommetjie
- Fishhoek Beach
- Water’s Edge beach, Seaforth
Top 10 Hotels
This is a list of some of our favourite Cape Town hotels but there is just so much on offer here that it’s best to get in touch with us to discuss your preferences and we’ll find your dream accommodation. Whether you are after that romantic destination or something more suitable for a young family, we’ve got plenty of incredible options.
- The Mount Nelson
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa
- The Bay Hotel, Camps Bay
- MannaBay Fine Boutique Hotel
- The One and Only
- The Glen Apartments
- Blue Views Penthouse
- Dock House Hotel
- The Cellars-Hohenort
- The Alphen Boutique Hotel
Top 10 things to do
Is there a city with more on offer and more things to do than Cape Town? We doubt it. Here are some of our favourites. Incorporate some of these into your holiday and we guarantee you’ll want to come back to see more.
- Go up Table Mountain
- Visit Kirstenbosch gardens
- Take the boat to Robben Island
- Have fish and chips in Kalk Bay
- Book a wine tour
- Relax on the beach at Clifton
- Drive Chapman’s Peak
- Walk on Noordhoek beach
- See the penguins at Boulders
- Go surfing at Muizenberg
Top 10 ‘off the beaten track’ things to do
These are some of the concerts, picnics, and things to do that you may not find in the guidebook. Of course, it’s important to visit some of the famous sites but for a real Cape Town experience it can be a lot of fun to explore the things that locals enjoy too.
- Hike in Cape Point
- Swim in Silvermine Dam
- Go to a Kirstenbosch summer concert
- Take some sundowners and enjoy them at a picnic bench on Chapman’s Peak
- Book a gourmet picnic in the winelands
- Find about the thriving local market scene
- Pick up takeaway croissants and coffee at the Foodbarn Deli in Noordhoek and take them to the beach.
- Enjoy a granadilla lolly on Clifton beach
- Relax on the lawns at Buitenverwachting
- Find out about walking tours in your area
We hope this is a good start to get you inspired about booking your next holiday to Cape Town. Get in touch and let’s make it happen.