Ulusaba Private Game Reserve is situated in the game rich Sabi Sands, which runs alongside the world famous Big 5 game reserve, Kruger National Park. Ulusaba, meaning "Place of Little Fear", is a haven of tranquility, overlooking a vast expanse of pristine African bushveld, and is one of the best Big Five game viewing area's in Africa.
Ulusaba Private Game Reserve Watering Hole
Ulusaba Private Game Reserve Private Deck
About Ulusaba Private Game Reserve
Ulusaba Private Game Reserve is a 5-star safari lodge owned by Sir Richard Branson. A feast for the senses combining traditional colonial opulence with modern day luxuries, Ulusaba has spared no detail in comfort. 2 spectacular lodges provide a luxurious base for an unforgetable African safari experience, nestled on a rocky outcrop and along the banks of the dry Mabrak riverbed. With crystal swimming pools, gymnasiums, a delightful wine cellar, spas, unmatched panoramic views, a bush observatory for star gazing, plus tennis courts, Ulusaba Private Game Reserve offers a unique African experience to suit even the most well traveled.
Ulusaba Private Game Reserve is equipped with 21 immaculate suites, divided between the well positioned locations of Rock Logde, and Safari Lodge. Rock Lodge is perched on a cliff side, overlooking the spectacular African escarpment, and welcomes children up to 11 years of age. Take in spectacular views over the vast expanse of bush, with a backdrop of the majestic Drakensberg Mountain range on the horizon.
Safari Lodge is 500 metres away from Rock Lodge, and consists of tree-house-style rooms (some with their own plunge pools), connecting to one another via rope swing bridges overlooking a dry river bed. Safari Lodge also boasts the Tree-house Suite overlooking the Xikwenga Dam. The Treehouse Suite is a 15 minute walk from the main lodge, an ideal retreat for guests wanting seclusion and privacy.
For a safari experience of a lifetime, guests can move from one lodge to another for a total contrast in accommodation.
A short walk from the main house at Rock Lodge, sits Cliff Lodge which has two magnificent suites offering the ultimate in safari luxury. Cliff Lodge 1 has two bedrooms and a private pool, while Cliff Lodge 2 has its own Jacuzzi with fabulous views over the bush. If hiring both Cliff Lodge suites exclusively, included will be your own chef, private game vehicle, use of a private gym and spa treatment room. Cliff Lodge can accommodate 5 adults and 4 children if booked exclusively.
Ulusaba Private Game Reserve Suite
Ulusaba Private Game Reserve Pool Lounge
Activities and Attractions at Ulusaba Private Game Reserve
- Twice daily game drives with highly qualified rangers and trackers
- Bush walks with armed rangers and trackers to source out the smaller creatures, flora and fauna that you might have missed on game drives.
- Children up to 11 years old are welcome at Rock Lodge and can join the Cubs Club where age appropriate activities with qualified staff are offered including Cubs cuisine.
- Babysitters are complementary and run by experienced staff.
- Indulge yourself in a Spa treatment at the Aroma Boma, in the comfort of your room or maybe on one of the outdoor decks.
- Visit a nearby Shangaan tribal village and support Ulusaba’s “Pride n Purpose” charitable program.
- Experience a helicopter flip over the canyons of the Blyde River Canyon – magnificent!
- Enjoy a workout at one of the fitness centres at either Rock and Safari Lodge.
- Enjoy the wine cellar at Safari Lodge, also open to Rock Lodge guests as well.
- How about a game of tennis on one of the two floodlit tennis courts? Racquets and balls supplied free of charge with a well stocked bar on site.
- Two swimming pools – one at each lodge.
- Enjoy an evening stargazing in the observatory tucked away in the bush – outstanding under the African skies!
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Ulusaba Private Game Reserve Game Drive