Turbine Hotel Knysna is a boutique 5 star Hotel situated on Thesen Island, in the heart of the Knysna lagoon. Renovated out of what was once an old power station, The Turbine has been cleverly and masterly renovated into a boutique luxury hotel, in which the impressive old machinery has been lovingly restored and forms an integral part of the aesthetics within this unique hotel.
Turbine Hotel Knysna Room View
About The Turbine Hotel Knysna
Turbine Hotel Knysna juts out into the lagoon and is surrounded by water on three sides. With two licensed bars, two wonderful restaurants and 25 individually furnished suites, a pool and a rejuvenating Spa, Turbine Hotel Knysna offers guests a host of comforts. The Turbine is also ideally located from which to explore a vast plethora of places to see and activities to enjoy, all within the bounds of a pristine, natural and treasured landscape.
Turbine Hotel Knysna has two restaurants: The Tapas Bar which is ideal for light lunches or dinners, and The Island Café which provides a full a la carte menu of contemporary cuisine. For those guests wishing to eat outside of the hotel, Knysna is also home to a great many diverse restaurants offering local fish dishes, ostrich and wild game, and most famous of all, the Knysna oysters for which there is a festival held in Knysna every July.
The Amani Spa offers a wide range treatments such as massage, facials, manicures, pedicures, reflexology, hydrotherapy and other tailor made packages. The Amani Spa will invigorate, relax, regenerate and rejuvenate you to maintain a perfect well-being.
Turbine Hotel Knysna Bath
Turbine Hotel Knysna Room
Turbine Hotel Knysna Attractions
- Hikes in the Tsitsikamma forest or majestic Outeniqua Mountains
- Explore the many unspoiled stretches of beaches and rugged cliffs
- Explore the town of Plettenberg Bay
- Visit the renowned Robberg nature reserve
- Explore Nature’s Valley lagoon, river and sandy beach a thirty minutes drive away (canoeing trips can be arranged on the lagoon)
- Visit the old whaling station and the chapel of St Andrews
- A visit to Monkeyland where they have a free roaming primate sanctuary
- Or a visit to The Birds Of Eden where they have a large free flight bird aviary spanning an indigenous forested kloof or valley
- Experience elephants at close quarters at the Elephant Sanctuery including elephant back rides
- Bird-watching in the wetlands or the inland afromontane woods
- Storms River canyon, a playground for river rafting, climbing, bungi-jumping, kloofing (canyoning), mountain bike trails, bass and fly-fishing, diving and snorkeling
- Award winning local Golf courses nearby (e.g. Simola or Plettenberg)
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Turbine Hotel Knysna Restaurant
Garden Route Estuary