Tsala Treetop Lodge is one of our favourite destinations along the Garden Route and only a 5.5-hour drive from Cape Town. Set in a peaceful location near the town of Plettenberg Bay, among the treetops of an age-old indigenous forest, Tsala Treetops Lodge offers the perfect forest escape. Tsala Treetop Lodge will look after you from arrival to check-out.
About Tsala Treetop Lodge
Tsala Treetop Lodge is a celebration of Southern Africa’s raw natural beauty. Elaborate glass, afro-baroque décor of natural earth colours, rich texture, and handcrafted fittings adorn the interior. This decor sets the tone for the luxury lodge. Tsala Treetop Lodge is a magical Garden Route destination with lush tree-topped vistas. Tsala offers all the services you’d expect from a 5-star property and much more; the lodge prides ourselves in ensuring all guests have the perfect getaway.
Tsala Treetop Lodge Accommodation
Guests can choose from 10 Treetop Suites with their own private deck and infinity pool. Families can be accommodated in one of the 6 Treetop Villas with two bedrooms, a large lounge, dining area, private deck and infinity pool. The Treetop Villas are perfect for families. Whether guests choose the suites and villas all are elevated so that it feels like they’re living in a hideaway amongst the treetops. With a bespoke architectural design, Tsala Treetop Lodge is perfect for those looking for a luxurious getaway with excellent service and exclusivity.
Tsala Treetop Lodge Dining
Tsala Treetop Lodge offers sumptuous fare for every occasion. All meals at Tsala are exquisitely presented in the glass-walled dining room. For those wanting to enjoy the morning sunshine, the spectacular dining deck, suspended above the forest floor, is the perfect spot. For a casual a la carte lunch and dinner, the award-winning Zinzi Restaurant is just a stroll from Tsala. A third option is the refined country-style dining at Sage @ Hunters which offers a set menu with choices for lunches and dinners.
Tsala Treetop Lodge Activities
- Hikes in the Tsitsikamma forest or the majestic Outeniqua Mountains or the renowned Robberg Nature Reserve
- Explore the many unspoiled stretches of beaches and rugged cliffs
- Go shopping and sightseeing in the quaint town of Plettenberg Bay
- Explore Nature’s Valley lagoon, river and sandy beach a thirty minutes drive away (canoeing trips can be arranged)
- Visit the old whaling station and the chapel of St Andrews
- Visit “The Birds Of Eden”, a large free-flight bird aviary, or Monkeyland, a free-roaming primate sanctuary
- Bird-watching in the wetlands
- Storms River canyon, a playground for river rafting, climbing, bungy-jumping, kloofing (canyoning), mountain bike trails, bass and fly-fishing, diving and snorkelling
- Award-winning local golf courses nearby (e.g. Simola or Plettenberg)
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Request a quote!