Just 12-kilometres upstream from Victoria Falls, there's a classic safari tented lodge that's pure magic. It's as close to the Zambezi River as you can get! At Toka Leya Camp, you can combine river cruises to see crocodiles and hippos and Big Five game drives in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park.
Rim-flow pool, Toka Leya Camp
The lodge sits on the Zambezi River
About Toka Leya Camp
Toka Leya Camp is located in the beautiful Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park on Zambia’s side of the Victoria Falls; guests can enjoy a classic safari experience with game viewing, fishing and cruising. Tours of the Victoria Falls are on offer and there’s a nearby village where it’s possible to go on a cultural tour to learn more about the villagers. If you want to relax, the camp’s dining and lounge areas offer ample space to sit back and enjoy a meal or glass of wine. The lodge even has a pizza oven! Meals are served on the sundeck, the pool deck and dining room all overlooking the Zambezi.
Boat cruises are a great way to see wildlife at Toka Leya Camp
Wide views from the lodge
Toka Leya Camp Accommodation
Guests can choose from 12 spacious safari-style tents with ensuite bathrooms that look over the mighty Zambezi and some of its small islands. Each tent’s interior has wooden floors, climate control and African decor as well as a large, private deck from which you can watch the surrounding nature. The family units are located further away from the other safari tents for ultimate privacy.
Seating area, Toka Leya Camp
Toka Leya Camp Activities
- Game drives to the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, Zambezi National Park or further afield to the Chobe National Park in Botswana with qualified game rangers
- Private tour of Victoria Falls
- Sundowner cruise on the Zambezi River or boat cruises
- Adventure sports such as bungee jumping and white water rafting
- Swimming in the Devil’s Pool overlooking the Victoria Falls on Livingstone Island
- “Flight of Angels” – a helicopter flip over the Victoria Falls
- Enjoy a spa treatment at the lodge
- Walking safari with qualified guides
Enjoy a spa treatment at Toka Leya Camp
Plant a tree in the gardens for conservation
Rhino at the lodge, Toka Leya Camp
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers safaris in Southern and East Africa. We are travel specialists who create itineraries for discerning travellers with an eye for detail and value.
Request a quote!