Thandeka Game Lodge is a privately run and owned reserve which is 2,500 acres in size. It is an ideal getaway for the weary traveller, where on arrival you can relax and revel in the gorgeous natural beauty of the bushveld savannah, and the rich diverse wildlife heritage surrounding you. This malaria free area is an easy two hours drive from Johannesburg, and is situated in the magnificent Waterberg Mountain Range of the Limpopo Province
Thandeka Game Lodge Reception
About Thandeka Game Lodge
Set in the beautiful Limpopo Province, guests of Thandeka Game Lodge can expect long summer afternoons and dry days for most of their stay. The area offers an extremely pleasant climate all year round, becoming increasingly hot in the summer months (October to March), and averaging 27º C – 30º C in temperature. Don’t be surprised to find the late afternoons at Thandeka Game Lodge growing heavy with clouds when you can expect short thunderstorms. Winter is typical of the interior high-veld plateau. A sunny season of chilly, early mornings, warm around midday, dry afternoons and cool to cold nights. In general, the weather of Limpopo will greet you with a hospitable display of sunshine.
Thandeka Game Lodge Accommodation
Thadeka lodge is equipped with 20 luxurious en-suite luxury tents, decorated uniquely and hidden in the splendor of the bush. Thandeka Game Lodge and Spa caters for couples and families with huge, airy, double and family suites to choose from. Other lodge facilities include a sparkling swimming pool and deck with panoramic views. Guests may also relax and unwind in the cosy lounge or bar.
Thandeka Game Lodge Safari Tent
Activities and Attractions at Thandeka Game Lodge
- Exciting twice daily game activities walking or on a 4 x 4 game vehicle, with qualified rangers who will teach you about the wildlife and bushveld of the area
- Enjoy meals prepared by the resident chef who designs a new menu every week. Enjoy light alfresco bush lunches on the deck or a cosy candle-lit dinner on a glorious lowveld evening
- Thandeka’s on site Spa is the ideal place to unwind and ease away the stress of everyday modern living.
- Incredible photographic opportunities
- Birding for the enthusiasts
- Specialised wildlife interactions: experience the sight of white lions on a game drive.
- Elephant interaction and safaris close to the Reserve
- Private customised dinners to your request, such as private bush dinners (at an additional cost)
- Conference facilities
- Intimate weddings, honeymoons and special occasions
- Horse riding nearby
- Golf facilities nearby
- Visits to local cultural villages and schools can be arranged prior to arrival
- Relax under the African sun around the swimming pool with a book and a chilled glass of fabulous South African wine
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Thandeka Game Lodge Safari Truck
Thandeka Game Lodge Bar