Spier Hotel is a 4 -star hotel located on the well-known Spier Wine Estate (one of the oldest farms in the region dating back to 1692) in the wine region of Stellenbosch. Spier Hotel is perfectly located in the midst of the Cape Winelands region and a mere 15 minutes drive from Cape Town International Airport.
About Spier Hotel
Spier Hotel is a pioneer in responsible tourism, and was one of the first hotels in South Africa to be awarded the Fair Trade in Tourism SA accreditation in 2004. In 2011, Spier Hotel, Stellenbosch won the top award in the ‘Doing It All’ category in the Condé Nast Traveler World Saver Award. Spier Hotel has also recently won a Gold at the Virgin Holidays Partners in Sustainability Award.
Sunday lunch at Spier
Spier Hotel Accommodation
The village style hotel has 155 rooms grouped around 6 courtyards. The architecture of the Spier Hotel, Stellenbosch is based on the Cape styled Bo-Kaap area, situated close to the city bowl of Cape Town.
Activities & Attractions
- Set among the major wine estates of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl regions.
- Restaurant and Wine bar within walking distance where you can enjoy breakfasts and dinners.
- This is a family friendly hotel with inter-leading rooms, fenced in play areas and a supervised child’s clubhouse.
- Treat yourself to be pampered at the Camelot Spa.
- Wine tasting on the banks of the Spier Dam.
- Take a Sedway Tour through the vineyards.
- Walking trails.
- Design your own picnic at “Eight to Go Deli”, and relax in the magnificent gardens surrounding you at Spier Estate.
- Birds of Prey at “Eagle Encounters” on the Spier Estate.
- Craft market.
- Enjoy wine, music and tapas style snacks at the Spier Secret Courtyard.
- Outdoor swimming pool.
- Disabled access rooms available.
- Freshly produced produce grown on the Spier Estate.
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.