Sossusvlei is a secluded, luxury haven surrounded by awe-inspiring dunes and rocky outcrops. Sossusvlei Desert Lodge is located in the far northern part of the Namib Rand Private Nature Reserve, which stretches out over a vast area of 450,000 acres, between the Namib Desert and the craggy edge of the escarpment.
Sossusvlei Desert Lodge Dunes
Sossusvlei Desert Lodge Villa Views
About Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
If tranquility, wide open spaces, endless horizons and rugged mountain ranges spark your interest, then the Sossusvlei Desert is where you should spend your next break, and the spectacular Sossusvlei Desert Lodge is without doubt, the ultimate luxury destination to spend a few days. A perfect place to reconnect with yourself, de-stress and enjoy the solitude of the Namib Desert, the oldest desert in the world.
Sossusvlei Desert Lodge Luxury Accommodation
The ten luxury air-conditioned villas are decorated with bone, slate and stone, creating a dramatic yet natural ambiance, contrasted with rough timber-work, twiggy chandeliers and wooden sculptures resembling the surrounding craggy mountains. Floor to ceiling windows in your split-level bedroom, sitting room and en suite bathroom give you views of the breathtaking, wide open vistas, where you can all but lose yourself in the wondrous views over the desert. Each villa has its own veranda, perfect to ponder the landscape with a lovely glass of wine or a good book. Each bedroom has a skylight above your bed, so you can appreciate the amazing, clear evening sky and star constellations above the Sossusvlei Desert.
Sossusvlei Desert Lodge Villa Bedroom
Sossusvlei Desert Lodge Villa En Suite
Activities and Attractions at Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
The staff at Sossusvlei Desert Lodge are passionate about wildlife and people; they will offer you the warmest welcome from the time of your arrival to the date of departure. Guests may experience a variety of unforgettable activities:
- Twice daily game drives with an experienced guide
- Quad biking adventures up the dunes
- Hikes and walks exploring the scenery and majestic dunes surrounding Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
- Star gazing in the lodge observatory with resident astronomers
- Picnic excursions in the famous Sossusvlei Dunes and the Sesriem Canyon
- Dune drives where you can watch the magnificent sunset over the dunes.
- Scenic drives to the Bushman’s Koppies – massive boulders to explore their ancient rock art
- A soothing massage on your private veranda
- Hot air ballooning over the world famous dunes
- A scenic light aircraft flight over the Skeleton Coast and back over the magnificent Sossusvlei sand dunes
- Spectacular photographic opportunities
- Amazing bird watching
- Spot the Namib’s iconic Oryx on the red sand dunes
- If you are lucky enough you might even catch sight of the elusive leopard, a cheetah, Hartman’s Mountain Zebra or the largest bird in the world – the ostrich
If you are travelling via Cape Town, Greatest Africa also offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Sossusvlei Desert Lodge Sunset