Sandibe Lodge is nestled in the shady forest area of the Okavango Delta and is a private 19,800 acre concession on the southeastern border of the Moremi Game Reserve. This Lodge is a perfect location to track the Big Five of Africa and immerse yourself in the wonder of the bush.
Sandibe Lodge Sunset
Sandibe Lodge Sitting Area
About Sandibe Lodge
Sandibe Lodge can be reached either by flying into Maun or Kasane, in Botswana, and thereafter a short flight to Chitabe airstrip where you will be met by a ranger and transferred 45 minutes by road to the Lodge in a safari vehicle. You could awaken to the sound of elephants treading softly through the un-fenced camp, or baboons and squirrels playfully chatting while they chase each other through the treetops. This is Africa at its best where you will be surrounded by mazes of papyrus and grassy floodplains, the Big Five, the semi-aquatic lechwe and sitatunga antelope. Sandibe Lodge is a comfortable, warm lodge with earthy interiors and situated close to the Moremi Game Reserve, so the chance of seeing the Big Five is excellent.
The eight thatched cottages at Sandibe Lodge are perched on the edge of the Delta and blend in with the surrounding wild palm and gnarled fig leaves. The atmosphere at the Lodge is one of tranquility decorated in earthy ochre tones bringing the forest floor indoors. The cottages look over the Santanadibe River and from your private raised deck you can enjoy the views over the Delta. Hammocks are slung in the shade and the swimming pool offers a wonderful respite from the searing African sun. Meals are served with views over the spectacular scenery of the Delta plains and at night boma (alfresco) dinners are served around a huge fire.
Sandibe Lodge Suite
Sandibe Lodge Pool
Game viewing and activities
- Exhilarating day and night game drives with qualified rangers, tracking the Big Five.
- Guided bush walks with a armed, qualified ranger and tracker
- Exceptional bird watching
- Great photographic opportunities
- Enjoy delicious, freshly prepared cuisine served by amazing staff
- Star gazing
- Take a mokoro (dugout canoe) paddle with a trained guide up the tranquil waterways spotting hippo and elephant as you go.
- Enjoy a ride on the Eco-craft especially during the flood season June – September – a fishing trip can also be arranged
- Dine alfresco by candlelight under the stars while sampling wines from the charcoal cooled wine cellar
- Relax at the swimming pool in the forest or have an in-room massage
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Sandibe Lodge Game Drive
Sandibe Lodge Lounge