Plettenberg Park Hotel and Spa is a very exclusive and unique boutique hotel in the heart of the Garden Route, set in a private nature reserve. This unique hotel is perched dramatically on the edge of a cliff, and over-looking the Indian ocean. There is also a large amount of forestry, farmland and natural fynbos which surround this incredible property, just minutes away from the holiday playground of Plettenberg Bay.
Plettenberg Park Hotel Suite
About Plettenberg Park Hotel
This is indeed a very special and extremely contemporary offering. Plettenberg Park Hotel & Spa possesses time honoured values where the accent is on uniqueness, excellent personal service and superb cuisine. In todays world of busy business men and women, who travel all year round, Plettenberg Park offers the discerning traveler a great place in which to de-stress, relax, revive and re-charge, within an environment of fantastic zen which will inspire your inner soul. Plettenberg Park Hotel & Spa has hosted many distinguished guests from the greatest of world statesmen; Nelson Mandela, to the most global of entrepreneurs; Richard Branson. Open spaces, natural and manmade structures, and cleverly placed vegetation all play a part at Plettenberg Park Hotel & Spa, not only in terms of the panoramic vistas, but also complimenting the vast ocean in the foreground, the savannah behind, and the very architecture of the hotel itself.
The Plettenberg Park Hotel Accommodation
The Plettenberg Park Hotel is an all-weather hotel, brilliantly lazy in summer sunshine, with spectacular arching views of the ocean. In winter, the added drama of the Cape of Storms adds to the experience of wild, blustery and enveloping days, saturated around log fires. The interior of the hotel is very contemporary, with a dash of sophistication and mixed with local touches that reflect the fashions of today. Whether in comfort, or in style; all of which suits sophisticated tastes for unique and luxury accommodation. The décor has been designed by Sarah Stevens who has skilfully blended natural materials with neutral tones in a permeation that breeds throughout the hotel. Plettenberg Park Hotel & Spa is also home to a private art collection by Tamsin Relly of Knysna, as well as a photography collection by Clinton Friedman.
Plettenberg Park Hotel Suite
Plettenberg Park Hotel Dining
The Plettenberg Park Hotel Activities
- Swimming pool and Spa, offering a wide range of beauty and relaxing therapy
- Hikes in the Tsitsikamma forest or majestic Outeniqua Mountains
- Explore the many unspoiled stretches of beaches and rugged cliffs
- Explore the town of Plettenberg Bay
- Visit the renowned Robberg nature reserve
- Explore Nature’s Valley lagoon, river and sandy beach a thirty minutes drive away (canoeing trips can be arranged on the lagoon)
- Visit the old whaling station and the chapel of St Andrews
- A visit to Monkeyland where they have a free roaming primate sanctuary
- Or a visit to The Birds Of Eden where they have a large free flight bird aviary spanning an indigenous forested valley
- Experience elephants at close quarters at the Elephant Sanctuary including elephant back rides
- Bird-watching in the wetlands or the inland afromontane woods
- Storms River canyon, a playground for river rafting, climbing, bungi-jumping, kloofing (canyoning), mountain bike trails, bass and fly-fishing, diving and snorkeling
- Golf, tennis or squash – many courses and courts available nearby which can be booked for you
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Plettenberg Park Hotel Deck
Plettenberg Park Hotel Pool View