The Plettenberg Hotel, is beautifully located on a rocky head-land, over-looking the lagoon and the Indian Ocean, with a magnificent mountainous backdrop. Set in one of the Garden Route's prettiest towns, Plettenberg Bay, a six hour drive from cosmopolitan city of Cape Town.
Relaxation at The Plettenberg
The Plettenberg Hotel Accommodation
With 37 luxury rooms, a Beach House and a Villa, The Plettenberg Hotel caters for a wide range of discerning guests, with air-conditioned rooms offering a tranquil and luxurious experience. All rooms enjoy sea-views or step out onto a balcony. For those travelling ‘en-famille’ the Beach House or the Villa offers a perfect solution.
As a coastal area famous for its Southern Right whales, from May to November, you can even enjoy viewing frequent pods of dolphins and whales frolicking off-shore, from the comfort of your own room. All rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished to the very high and exacting standards of owner, Liz McGrath.
Dining in style at The Plettenberg
Dining at The Plettenberg Hotel
- Seafood at The Plettenberg Hotel; is a very attractive restaurant specialising in contemporary dishes with local fish. The menu has been deigned by Grand Chef Peter Tempelhoff and is over-seen by Head Chef Tronnette Dippenaar.
- Sand at The Plettenberg Hotel; for a more relaxed and al fresco affair, diners will enjoy The Sand Restaurant as it faces magnificent views over Formosa Bay, where the décor is stylish and the cuisine influenced by a Mediterranean touch.
- The Sandbar at The Plettenberg Hotel; is a vibey, chic, modern and intimate bar that provides the ideal venue for a pre-dinner drink or cocktail.
Bright and breezy at The Plettenberg
The Plettenberg Hotel Attractions
- Whale & Dolphin Watching
- Hiking, Mountain Biking and sea-kayaking
- Game drives at the nearby Buffalo Hills and Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve
- Knysna Elephant Sanctuary, Birds Of Eden or Monkeyland in Plettenberg Bay
- Sailing and Cruising in the Garden Route: Paddle steamer, pleasure boats, catamarans and luxury yachts
- Plettenberg Bay Wine Region
- Fishing, Scuba diving and snorkelling
- horse-riding and polo
- sky-diving, microlights and light aircraft
- featherbed nature reserve
- tree-top canopy tours in Tsitsikamma
- Bungy jumping on the world’s highest bungy jump (216m with a 7 second free fall)
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Request a quote.