Malaria free Phinda Game Reserve is a private reserve just a three hour drive from King Shaka International Airport (Durban), along the tropical north coastline of Kwa-Zulu Natal. Phinda Game Reserve is a spectacular Big 5 safari experience. This pristine private reserve is renowned for its abundant flaura and fauna, and a diversity of eco systems.
About Phinda Game Reserve
Phinda Game Reserve is rich with eco-systems and teaming with life, just a stones throw way from the famous iSimangaliso/ Greater St Lucia Wetland Park. A rewarding and memorable wildlife encounter, Phinda Game Reserve is home to a huge variety of species and include the rare large game such as cheetah, and black rhino. A world class safari experience, malaria free!
Phinda Mountain Lodge
Accommodation at Phinda Game Reserve
Phinda Game Reserve has six exclusive safari lodges to suit every traveler:
- Forest Lodge – 16 Zulu Zen suites, with floor to ceiling glass walls, settled in a rare dry sand forest where shade is paramount.
- Mountain Lodge – 25 private suites are scattered along the mountainside and boast remarkable views over the plains of Phinda
- Vlei Lodge – 6 elegant thatched suites with private plunge pools, enjoy views over the wetlands of the Reserve and the passing parade of wildlife
- Rock Lodge – 6 stone and adobe suites, each with their own plunge pool, perched on a cliff with spectacular views of the valley below.
- Phinda Zuka Lodge – 4 thatched en-suite cottages all face onto a central guest area, your own game ranger/tracker, chef/butler, swimming pool – suitable for group or families of up to 8 guests
- The Homestead – This gracious sole use safari villa is ideal for families and groups of friends and can accommodate up to 8 guests in the 4 luxury en-suite bedrooms. Here you will also have your own ranger/tracker, chef/butler, gorgeous swimming pool and privacy in a exclusive villa in the bush.
Activities at Phinda Private Game Reserve
- 2 game drives or game activities daily where you will spot the “Big Five”.
- Interpretive bush walks with a armed, qualified ranger
- Mzinene River Canoeing
- Swim with whale sharks – Accompanied by a skipper and certified dive-master.
- Indian Ocean scuba safaris
- Scuba refresher
- Specialist tracking safari at Phinda – learn the art of tracking wildlife with a qualified ranger and tracker
- Specialist birding
- Fantastic photographic opportunities
- Specialist private family safaris.
- Turtle nesting adventure – spot the leatherback and loggerhead turtles and their breeding habits.
Phinda Vlei Lodge
Guests travelling via the Cape may be interested in Greatest Africa’s private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Request a quote