Onguma Tented Camp can be found among 85,000 acres of Namibian wilderness in the Onguma Reserve, situated on the eastern side of one of the largest game reserves in Africa - the Etosha National Reserve. The game viewing is nothing short of spectacular with the Big Five and over 300 bird species keeping you absolutely entranced in this land of contrasts, from early morning to late evenings when star gazing experiences and game drives can be enjoyed.
Onguma Tented Camp Sunset
About Onguma Tented Camp
Onguma Tented Camp is the most upmarket of the four camps in the Onguma Reserve, the others being Onguma Bush Camp, Onguma Tree Top and Onguma Plains Camp. Onguma means “the place you don’t want to leave” in the local tribal Herero language. Onguma Tented Camp boasts an air of sophisticated relaxation, and is the ultimate in safari chic.
Onguma Tented Camp Accommodation
Onguma Tented Camp consists of seven luxurious tents built in a U shape around an active water hole, all totally private with their own en suite bathrooms featuring inside and outside showers, a bath, and your own private patio. The theme of the camp is inspired by a painting of an Oryx on Etosha’s Fisher’s Pan, replicating the earth colors of grey, charcoal, black, white and creams. The camp is also constructed with textures of stone, suede, linen and steel, giving a sleek and modern feel that brings out the earthiness of the area.
Onguma Tented Camp Suite
Onguma Tented Camp Activities and Attractions
Ideal for honeymooners and romantics and a nature lover’s paradise, Onguma Tented Camp offers a wide variety of exciting activities to enjoy:
- Etosha game drives with qualified rangers and trackers
- Enjoy an afternoon sunset drive on the Onguma Reserve with an expert ranger
- Rhino Research Drive – learn about the rare Black Rhino firsthand
- Waterhole views 60m away from your accommodation and the stunning main building of the Camp
- Bushwalks with an expert ranger who will explain the intricacies of the bush
- Laze at the rim flow swimming pool in the heat of the day
- Relax on your private patio with a good book and chilled glass of wine
- Take part in a game drive after dinner, in search of Onguma’s nocturnal creatures
- Bird watching, especially when thousands of bird species migrate to the wetlands in the summer months
- Guests can enjoy delicious freshly prepared cuisine in the elegant dining room with views over the water hole
- Meals are also served in the open-air lapa area where a fusion of European and African cuisine can be enjoyed
- Dinner can also be enjoyed around an open fire under the star lit Namibian sky
Guests travelling via Cape Town may enjoy one of Greatest Africa’s exclusive private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our unique tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Onguma Tented Camp Etosha Wildlife