Enfolded in the lush embrace of the Chyulu Hills in the Maasai-owned Mbirikani Group Ranch – ol Donyo Lodge blends into its wild surrounds. The peaceful lodge is a pure drop of luxury in an ocean of Kenya’s wilderness.
About Ol Donyo Lodge
This nugget can be found resting between Kenya Tsavo East and Amboseli National Park, offering an exquisite view of distant Kilimanjaro.
Conservation is taken very seriously, and the wildlife is beginning to flourish as a result. Elephants enjoy a life free from the dangers that beset them elsewhere on the continent, while lions have been guided back from the endangerment they previously faced. Ol Donyo Lodge takes advantage of the resources available to it, and the lodge itself is constructed from natural materials – even cement is used only as a wash over lava rock.
Thatch, wood, and stone combine to allow this timeless outpost of tranquillity to merge seamlessly with the natural space enveloping it. With the wilderness on your doorstep, you can leave the harsh urban world far behind as you wallow in your private plunge pool overlooking the vast plains. Take this peace to bed with you as the stars lull you to sleep on your own roof terrace.
Ol Donyo Lodge Accommodation
Ol Donyo Lodge consists of 6 individual pool suites; each with its own unique flair. A further two family suites are connected to create a villa-style unit – perfect for a family vacation. Each suite offers the opportunity to surrender to sheer indulgence with its own plunge pool and private roof terrace. The decadent bathrooms include deep baths as well as both indoor and outdoor showers that look out onto the majestic terrain.
Ol Donyo Lodge Activities
- Open vehicles offer the best opportunities for spotting the big five on a game drive.
- Experienced guides are available to lead bushwalks.
- Enjoy breakfast or dinner out in the bush.
- For an intimate understanding of the local fauna and flora, hike the area at your own pace.
- The adventurous can go horse riding – whatever your skill level.
- Or take direct control of your experience on the mountain bike trails.
- View wildlife up close in an open-air hide.
- For guests staying longer, fly camping allows you to sleep safely out in the open wild.
- Relax with an in-room massage.
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Request a quote!