Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyards is a 5-star hotel perched on a hill overlooking the gourmet capital of South Africa, Franschhoek. Luxury and personal service is the order of the day at this hotel, where all your needs will be catered for. Franschhoek is a hours drive from Cape Town and situated among the top wine estates including nearby Stellenbosch and Paarl.
One of the bedrooms at Mont Rochelle.
Mont Rochelle Hotel – luxury accommodation
The 6 suites and 16 rooms at Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyards are decorated in contemporary, colonial and classic styles, so there is something to suit every guest. All rooms and suites are named after a grape varietal grown in the Franschhoek valley, and all offer great luxury with views over the vineyards surrounding the hotel, and the spectacular mountain ranges. Each bedroom is en-suite and has it’s own private seating area.
Relax by the Mont Rochelle pool.
Activities and Attractions
- Two totally different restaurants at this hotel: Mange Tout (fine dining) & Country Kitchen (relaxed dining with a Mediterranean twist)
- Wine tasting can be arranged while dining at either restaurant at Mont Rochelle Hotel & Mountain Vineyards
- Wine tasting on horseback to nearby farms in the Franschhoek valley
- Private wine tastings or cellar tour can be arrange or why not book a tour with the wine manager on the estate at Mont Rochelle
- Perfect wedding venue catering up to 100 guests
- Picnic baskets can be ordered to enjoy after a stroll amongst the vineyards, rose garden or down to the dam surrounding the hotel
- The concierge can arrange a transfer into the village, where you can stroll around the quaint shops, art galleries and top class restaurants which make this the gourmet capital of South Africa.
- Full Day Winelands Tour with Richard Hilton, MD of Greatest Africa – well worth spending a day with Richard who has been in the wine industry for some 20 years, and will escort you to 3 or 4 wine producers of the area stopping for a delicious lunch along the way
- Championship golf courses situated in close proximity to Franschhoek – Pearl Valley Golf Estate, Erinvale Golf Estate, Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate and De Zalze Golf Estate are a few to choose from
- Hot air ballooning in nearby Paarl
- Trout fishing
- Relax with a soothing massage at the Wellness Spa or visit the well equipped gym where a personal trainer can be requested
- Relax beside the swimming pool with a lovely glass of chilled white wine and enjoy spectacular views in every direction
- Visit the Huguenot Monument or one of the museum in the village of Franschhoek
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and are on the ground specialists. Our exclusive private wine tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Request a quote