Mala Mala Main Camp, Mala Mala Private Game Reserve lies in-between the Kruger National Park and the Sabi Sand Wildtuin, and due to the unfenced borders, animals are able to roam freely over huge expanses of African bush-veld from which visitors benefit from an area teeming with game.
Mala Mala Main Camp
Mala Mala Main Camp Infinity Pool Sunset
About Mala Mala Main Camp
Mala Mala Private Game Reserve is South Africa’s oldest and largest “Big Five” private game reserve. Mala Mala Game Reserve is part of a gene pool that covers 5.5 million acres in the South African low-veld area. The game viewing is some of the best you will find in Africa, and the Big Five roam supreme. Accommodation is on a 5-star level and the staff are warm, welcoming and of great professional service. You honestly could not wish for a better safari experience!
Accommodation at Mala Mala Main Camp
Mala Mala Main Camp is equipped with eight luxury suites, ten luxury rooms and one single room. Accommodations are eelegantlyfurnished with an Africa theme, all rooms feature a his and hers bathroom, mini bar, mini safe and air-conditioning. Surrounded by pristine bushveld, Mala Mala Main Camp has been designed to fully encompass the breathtaking surroundings. The main lounge, dining room and historic bar are impressive, and designed in genuine safari style, conducive to conversation and meeting new people.
Mala Mala Main Camp Suite
Mala Mala Main Camp Pool Wildlife View
Mala Mala Main Camp Deck
Activities and Attractions at Mala Mala Main Camp
Mala Mala offers some of the best game viewing opportunities in Africa, and Mala Mala Main Camp provides the perfect platform for the ultimate in unforgettable and invigorating Safari experiences:
- An extensive, wooden deck situated under the canopy of a large jackalberry tree, is the perfect place to relax with a glass of chilled South African wine, while watching the wildlife amble by through the spectacular African bush surrounding the Lodge.
- A large infinity swimming pool overlooking the Sand River, where elephants and other wildlife frolic and refresh themselves.
- Spa treatments on request
- Twice daily game drives in an open vehicle with a qualified ranger who will ensure that your safari experience is spectacular. Once the sun sets, nocturnal game viewing is made possible with the help of high powered spotlights.
- Walking safaris with armed rangers and Shangaan trackers, stopping off along the way for a picnic in the middle of the bushveld.
- Children of all ages are welcome, and there is a special “Junior Ranger” Programme offered for those between 4 and 12.
- Dinner is served either in the dining room or around the candlelit Boma (al fresco) with a roaring fire.
- Outstanding cuisine made with only the freshest ingredients.
- The photographic opportunities are prolific, with many wildlife photographers from around the world visiting Mala Mala.
- Birding of epic proportions for enthusiasts and ornithologists.
Guests travelling via the Camp may be interested in Greatest Africa’s private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Mala Mala Main Camp Rhino Encounter
Mala Mala Main Camp Game Drive