Situated within the Ongava Game Reserve, a private 30,000 hectare game reserve, Little Ongava is located alongside the wildlife rich Etosha National Park. One of Namibia’s most exclusive Safari lodges, little Ongava lies on a rocky outcrop, offering a spectacular view over an active waterhole. Enjoy panoramic views of the magnificent surrounding landscape and abundant wildlife, from an exclusive luxury chalet.
Little Ongava Lodge View
Little Ongava Lodge
About Little Ongava
Little Ongava is quite possibly Namibia’s most luxurious and exclusive safari destination. Perched on a rocky outcrop overlooking a waterhole, Little Ongava is known for its panoramic vistas of the surrounding African savannah. Etosha National Park is Namibia’s premier wildlife destination and one of Africa’s largest game reserves. Large herds of wildlife teem around the waterholes and the endless plains offer breathtaking vistas. The Ongava Game Reserve shares a boundary with the Etosha National Park, where smaller game move between the two areas. The birding is prolific and enthusiasts will be in birding heaven.
Accommodation at Little Ongava
With only 3 spacious, luxurious and private units, Little Ongava really does offer an intimate and exclusive experience for its guests. Each unit features its own plunge pool, a ‘sala’, and an en-suite bathroom with both indoor and outdoor showers as well as a bath offering magnificent views. The dining and lounge areas share the same wonderful views of the waterhole below and lend themselves to relaxed, stylish meals under a choice of thatch or African sky.
Little Ongava Pool View
Little Ongava Bedroom View
Little Ongava Activities
Little Ongava is a luxury destination and a perfect haven to relax and forget about the fast pace of modern life. Enjoy excellent cuisine, often enjoyed alfresco under the magnificent African sky, or relax on one of the decks with a chilled glass of great wine and just watch the wildlife passing by.
Little Ongava’s activities generally revolve around day and night wildlife-viewing game drives, visiting hides that overlook waterholes, and walks with experienced guides:
- A hide at the camp waterhole provides superb photographic opportunities. The Ongava Game Reserve features all the characteristic wildlife of the area, with both desert-adapted black and white rhino to be seen as well as lion.
- Game drives and daytrips into the easily accessible Okaukuejo area of Etosha National Park are rewarding, with sightings of lion, elephant, gemsbok, springbok, red hartebeest, and white and black rhino.
- Guests at Little Ongava share a dedicated guide and Land Rover, ensuring the best possible nature experience at one of Africa’s great wildlife destinations.
- The Ongava Game Reserve is unique in that it is one of the few private game reserves in southern Africa where there is a chance of seeing both black and white rhino. For those who enjoy close wildlife encounters, tracking white rhino on foot with a guide is a highlight not to be missed.
- Incredible photographic opportunities of the wildlife and rare vegetation surrounding you at every turn.
- Birding par excellence for enthusiasts.
If you are travelling via Cape Town, Greatest Africa also offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Little Ongava Game Drive Rhino
Little Ongava Zebra