Created from three historic farms, this elegant winelands’ retreat combines Franschoek’s best characteristics: luxurious accommodation, top wines and cuisine and amazing views. Leeu Estates is the perfect escape, just an hour outside of Cape Town, with its beautifully restored 19th-century Manor House, estate spa and the Mullineux & Leeu Family Wines winery.
About Leeu Estates
Just an hour’s drive outside of Cape Town, Leeu Estates is a great start to your wine tasting experience in the Cape Winelands and a luxurious place to overnight. Nestled in the picturesque Franschhoek valley between mountains and river – the estate sits on 68 hectares of land surrounded by manicured gardens and vineyards. Its home to award-winning Mullineux & Leeu Family Wines and guests can walk to the winery to taste the handcrafted premium wines produced by Chris and Andrea Mullineux.
Views onto the Manor House and vineyards, Leeu Estates
Luxurious pool, Leeu Estates
Leeu Estates Accommodation
The 19th century Manor House has six guest rooms and suites, and there are also cottages available on the property. These cottages are situated amongst the rows of vines and plum orchards. There are four room types available for guests: Classic Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Studio Room and Executive Suites (some have a terrace).
A Classic Room is 42 square meters and are situated in The Manor House and Max House. A Deluxe Room is in The Manor House, Vineyard Cottage or Cellar Cottage. Both room types offer amazing views, surrounded by lush and manicured gardens, with views of the Franschoek mountains, village and vineyards.
Cottages, Leeu Estates
Suite, Leeu Estates
Bathroom, Leeu Estates
Leeu Estates Activities
- Enjoy the Leeu Estates’ spa with its offering of massages by Thai therapists
- Swim in the 15-metre outdoor heated pool at the TechnoGym on site
- Wine tasting at nearby farms in the Franschhoek valley
- Private wine tastings and cellar tours
- Championship golf courses situated in close proximity to Franschhoek – Pearl Valley Golf Estate, Erinvale Golf Estate, Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate and De Zalze Golf Estate are a few to choose from
- Hot air ballooning in nearby Paarl
- Hiking or mountain biking in the nearby reserves
On-site winery where guests can go wine tasting, Leeu Estates
Restaurant, Leeu Estates
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Request a quote!