Kapama River Lodge is situated on the banks of the Kapama River in the Kapama Private Game Reserve, where the spectacular Northern Drakensberg Mountains form a backdrop to this luxury 5-star, 64 suite lodge. Kapama Private Game Reserve is conveniently located a short drive from Eastgate Airport, for which return courtesy transfers are offered.
Kapama River Lodge, Reception Area
Location of Kapama River Lodge
Kapama River Lodge is the largest luxury game lodge in the Greater Kruger National Park area. A world renowned Big 5 game region, the greater Kruger area is a first choice for South Africa safari seekers. Offering a luxury Safari experience with the warm culture that Africa has to offer, Kapama River lodge is a memorable and rejuvenating Safari experience.
Kapama River Lodge Spa
Kapama River Lodge Accommodation
Kapama River Lodge consists of 40 en suite Suites with amazing views of the “Big Five” Reserve. 20 Spa Suites situated in a secluded, private area away from the main Lodge are an even more luxurious alternative, within close proximity to the Spa and with vast glass windows giving you a bird’s eye view of the incredible bushveld – even from the bathroom! 2 Family Rooms each with triple balconies and spacious bedrooms which are large enough to accommodate 2 extra beds for children are on offer for larger groups. Kapama River Lodge features 2 Royal Suites which have opulent bedrooms and spacious balconies with spectacular views.
Kapama River Lodge, Deluxe Suite
Attractions & Activities
- The lounge and pool area is a perfect place to sit and read a book or view the passing wildlife.
- There are three different dining venues: The Rhino Boma where dinner is served around a roaring fire, romantic dinner set for two in the dry river bed in front of the Lodge and the elegant Siyatla lounge-dining area where breakfast and lunch are served.
- Early morning and late afternoon daily game drives with a qualified ranger and tracker.
- Bush walks with an armed, qualified ranger, where you can learn to track the various animals.
- The Kapama Wellness Centre at Kapama River Lodge is surrounded by stillness and the sweeping landscape of the Reserve and the perfect place to spoil yourself.
- Visit the Hoedspruit Centre for Endangered Species and see cheetah, serval, wild dog and caracal
- Book a romantic open air Sleep Out on a elevated platform, with dinner and a lovely bottle of wine before retiring to a luxurious bed with the African stars as your canopy. An experience of a lifetime!
- Photographic safari workshops hosted by professional wildlife photographers.
- Hot air ballooning
Guests travelling via the Cape may be interested in Greatest Africa’s private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Kapama River Lodge, Fire Pit
The Thulamahashe Children’s home for orphaned and abandoned children is 4o kilometers outside of Kapama Private Game Reserve. A trust was established in 2009 and with fun raising and contributions from Kapama, this children’s home is a safe haven in the area. One of the highlights of the year is when Kapama treats the children to a game drive and Christmas dinner. This is a wonderful time for everyone involved!