Grande Provence Wine Estate is set in the heart of the Cape winelands, in the beautiful Franschhoek valley. A 300 year old working estate with lush vines spreading across 47 acres, Grande Provence is South African Wine Country at its finest, just one hour from the mother city of Cape Town.
Grande Provence Wine Estate
With award winning wines and luxurious Cape Dutch style accommodation, Grande Provence is the perfect boutique hotel from which to explore the enchanting winelands that surround. With rugged mountain backdrops and rolling hills of vineyards, this breath-taking landscape is an unforgettable Cape Wine experience.
Grande Provence Acommodation
Grande Provence’s boutique accommodation comprises of luxurious bed and breakfast accommodation with beautifully appointed ensuite facilities, or the exclusive 5 star graded cottage for intimate groups. Take in the panoramic views from the crystal blue swimming pool, overlooking the perfectly manicured gardens, with a mountain and vineyard backdrop. Guests will enjoy scrumptious cuisine in the Angels Garden or at The Restaurant, named Cape Town’s Best Restaurant by local radio station Good Hope FM.
Grande Provence Activities
Franschhoek is the Gourmet Capital of South Africa, with a huge range of delightful activities to enjoy, to name a few:
- Wine tasting at nearby farms in the Franschhoek valley
- Private wine tastings and cellar tours
- Championship golf courses situated in close proximity to Franschhoek – Pearl Valley Golf Estate, Erinvale Golf Estate, Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate and De Zalze Golf Estate are a few to choose from
- Hot air ballooning in nearby Paarl
- Trout fishing
- Hiking or mountain biking in the nearby reserves
- Visit the Huguenot Monument or one of the museum in the village of Franschhoek
- Cheese and chocolate tastings
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.