Gorah Elephant Camp is set in the malaria-free Addo National Park, located in the only privately owned concession in the predator-rich park. The Addo Elephant National Park has the densest population of elephants on earth. This stately manor house captures the romantic mystique of a bygone era. This 5-star Gorah Elephant Camp leaves travellers enchanted and enthralled by its natural beauty.
About Gorah Elephant Camp
The lodge and its surrounding area is steeped in history dating back to the 1900s. Today’s travellers step back into a time of indulgence, polished silver, white linen and crystal tableware. Dinners are served in private corners of the lodge for couples or honeymooners or outside under the night sky. In the summer, guests can eat their meals on the open verandah in a soft summer’s breeze. There’s always an excellent selection of estate wines at the lodge, and resident chefs prepare delicious dishes.
Gorah Elephant Camp Accommodation
Guests at Gorah Elephant Camp can choose from 11 Luxury Tented Suites. Each ensuite suite has a thatched roof, private deck and are styled in the early 1900s. Gorah Elephant Camp exudes colonial charm and a modern-day luxury. Children are welcome at the lodge; guides take special care of kids and there are game drives and fun classes available for them. Parents can relax while their children get to learn about the wonders of history, nature and the African bush.
Gorah Elephant Camp Activities
There are a multitude of exciting activities for guests to do at Gorah Elephant Camp.
- Go on twice daily game drives with qualified rangers to see the large elephant population and the “Big Five” up close
- Take photos of the birdlife and African animals
- Soak up the sun and read a book in the calmness of the lodge’s gardens
- Sit on the veranda that overlooks the watering hole with a wide view of the bush
- Have a glass of wine in the lounge with a fireplace
- Take a dip in the swimming pool, perfect on hot summer days
- Enjoy a “boma” dinner under the night sky
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.