Set in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Elephant Plains is your private home away from home. Travellers come here to experience the Big Five – as well as its ambience, atmosphere and excellent service. Bordering the unfenced Kruger National Park, wild animals traverse these plains making this one of South Africa’s best game viewing area.
About Elephant Plains
Elephant Plains is a spacious lodge, which can accommodate up to 24 guests in a comfortable and affordable luxury. Run by the owners of the lodge, there’s a warm and friendly atmosphere that makes guests feel instantaneously welcome. With excellent game viewing and game drives available, guests can also recover and rejuvenate at the lodge with two swimming pools and an excellent spa available. Elephant Plains is set in the Sabi Sands and offers top game viewing.
Armchair game viewing, Elephant Plains
One of the two swimming pools at Elephant Plains
Elephant Plains Accommodation
Elephant Plains offers three accommodation types that are listed below, namely: Honeymoon Suites, Luxury Suites and Rondavels.
Elephant Plains has different types of accommodations available for its guests. The Honeymoon Suite is glass-fronted and has a private splash pool as well as a daybed. Honeymooners or couples who book this suite are spoilt with luxuries and special attention is paid to making the suite feel and look inviting and romantic.
Honeymoon Suite, Elephant Plains
The six Luxury Suites are decorated in warm, earthy tones, designed to blend into the natural surroundings. The open-plan suites have their own private viewing deck that opens up over the river and bush. Each suite has air conditioning, cosy fireplaces and a mini bar. These suites are also glass-fronted.
Luxury Suite, Elephant Plains
Finally, Elephant Plains has five Rondavels set in the lodge’s landscaped garden and is perfect for families who are travelling together. Each rondavel has a sundeck, equipped with air-conditioning, minibars and tea-coffee stations. These rondavels are more affordable yet still elegant and comfortable.
Rondavel bedroom at Elephant Plains
Elephant Plains Activities
- Twice daily game drives and one bush walk per day in the Sabi Sands
- Take a dip in one of the two swimming pools
- Be pampered at the African Health Spa with massages and beauty treatments, or enjoy the small library, games’ room and gym
- Children are welcome at Elephant Plains and can take part in the Mini Tuskers kids’ programme where they can participate in painting, beading, short bush walks and activities like building an ant farm.
- Parents can have a romantic dinner and there are also babysitting facilities available.
- Stargazing is undertaken by a certified ranger and guests use an 8 Inch Orion Intelli Telescope to see star constellations.
The view from the spa, Elephant Plains
The gorgeous restaurant at Elephant Plains
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers safaris in Southern and East Africa. We are travel specialists who create itineraries for discerning travellers with an eye for detail and value.
Request a quote!