Blending into the desert surrounding, the elegant Damaraland Camp gives travellers a peak into the beauty of Namibia’s expansive and isolated landscapes. Spend days hopping between the pool, game vehicle – spotting rare desert elephants and small game – or your luxurious suite. This eco-friendly stay is a dream: bonfires under the stars, gourmet delights and local Namibian charm.
About Damaraland Camp
The colours in Damaraland are soft and breath-taking; here soft ochre, caramel and buttermilk hues abound. Situated next to the Skeleton Coast, the Torra Conservancy is a nature conservancy that’s in partnership with the local Kunene community. Owned by Wilderness, the brand is renowned for partnering with local communities – in the areas where their lodges are present – furthering their responsible tourism ethos. Torra Conservancy is Namibia’s first conservancy and the first to become financially sustainable. So, a visit to Damaraland Camp will give back to the local community and the help its wildlife.
Damaraland Camp Accommodation
Understated luxury is in abundance at Damaraland! Guests can choose from 10 thatched units, which are elevated and built in an “adobe style”. And one of the 10 units is a family unit – that’s perfect for a multi-generational group or a family travelling. The camp includes a living area with a bar, swimming pool and cosy fireplace. During warm nights, the open campfire and outdoor boma can be enjoyed by guests who want to dine underneath the starry, wide sky that Namibia is so famous for experiencing African cuisine.
Damaraland Camp Activities
- Stargazing at night as Namibia is famous for its clear skies
- Go on a game drive and find the rare desert-adapted elephant in the Torra Conservancy
- Large game is not concentrated year-round as the season’s rainfall dictates the movement of wildlife, yet guests can explore the wildlife along the Huab River
- Desert-adapted wildlife such as ostrich, springbok and gemsbok eke can be seen graxing the plains
- Smaller creatures such as bat-eared fox and aardwolf can be spotted at night, in the cool desert air
- Learn about the local people and unique cultures in the area
- Hike up a trail with your guide to the Etendeka Mountains for majestic views
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Request a quote!