Camps Bay Retreat is a small luxury boutique hotel set in a tiny lush reserve. It is an oasis of calm with a meditative pond, a waterfall, streams, gardens, and views of the ocean on one side and the impressive Twelve Apostle Mountain range on the other. This is indeed a very special place of warmth and friendliness, with a touch of the old world, a home away from home.
Camps Bay Retreat Beach
About Camps Bay Retreat
Set just above Camps Bay in Cape Town, the Camps Bay Retreat is a sanctuary away from the bustling town, set in 4 hectares of lush reserve, with beautiful views over the sparkling Atlantic Ocean below.
Camps Bay Retreat offers large and spacious rooms that are elegantly furnished with a splash of opulence. You can either lodge yourself in the older main manor house, or in the more contemporary Deck house or Villa. All the rooms are fully equipped with satellite TV’s, Nespresso coffee machines, a mini-bar, air-conditioning, telephone and lap-top facilities, hair-drier and personal safe. Apart from the very comfortable furnishings, it should also be highlighted that Camps Bay Retreat possesses a team of staff with impeccable service and professionalism, who all take great pride in their roles.
Camps Bay Retreat Suite
Camps Bay Retreat Garden
For those wishing to dine-in instead hunting down the array of great restaurants in Camps Bay and surrounding Cape Town, you will not be disappointed. They call it the Retreat Kitchen, where something is always being prepared or freshly baked, and a visit to the chef to discuss your requirements is not considered out of the ordinary. Indeed, you will want to meet the head chef, Robyn Capendale, as she recently returned from a six week placement in Heston Blumenthal’s three Michelin star restaurant, the Fat Duck! In general, however, the menu at Camps Bay Retreat is inspired from classic French cuisine.
In house facilities
- Tennis court
- 3 swimming pools, one of which is solar heated
- Spa for all manner of treatments and massages, sauna and steam room
- Nature baths surrounded by the zen of soft green foliage and wild birdlife
- A hiking trail right on your door-step, up through the Glen Forest and on towards the historical Round House
Out of house facilities
- A techogym at the sister hotel, The Bay Hotel in Camps Bay
- 4 squash courts also located at The Bay Hotel in Camps Bay
- Learn to surf with an instructor on Camps Bay beach
- 4 different beaches at Clifton (5 minute drive)
- Promenade On The Bay Theatre, Camps Bay
- The renowned V&A Waterfront teeming with boutiques, restaurants, sights, and activities
- Cape Town’s historic centre; the Slave Lodge, Koopmans De Wet House, Bertrams House, the Jewish Museum, Company Gardens, Rust en Vreugd House
- Hiking, walking or mountain biking in the Constantia Valley Table Mountain National Park Reserves
- City and Township Tours
- Swim with African Penguins at Boulders beach
- Shark diving just outside of Cape Town
- Whale watching in world famous Hermanus
- Visit the historical Robben Island
- Visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
- Peninsula Tours
- Winelands Tours
- World Class Golfing
- Beautiful Beaches a short drive away
- Helicopter Flights
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Camps Bay Retreat
Camps Bay Retreat Pond