Belvidere Manor is set overlooking the incredible Knysna Lagoon, with a view of the majestic Outeniqua Mountains in the distance. This historic manor house embodies tranquility and romance, and is situated along a magical stretch of the Garden Route that is home to unspoiled beaches, pristine forests and peaceful estuaries.
Belvidere Manor lies on the western shore of Knysna Lagoon in the picturesque and historic village of Belvidere. This charming hotel boasts panoramic views, and a heart-warming seaside ambiance. A rejuvenating retreat, the Garden Route and Belvidere estate is a nature lover’s paradise and a romantic’s dream.
Belvidere Manor Accommodation
Belvidere Manor is equipped with 28 Cape-style cottages, set on 10 acres of tranquil gardens. With each cottage boasting a private veranda, these single or double storey abodes overlook either the peaceful lagoon or the lush gardens. The one, two or three bedroom cottages are fully equipped and serviced. Guests may dine in the historic on-site pub, The Bell, or enjoy the more recent addition of Caroline’s Bistro, named after the first mistress of Belvidere.
Belvidere Manor Activities
The Garden Route is a magical destination and offers a host of exciting activities to enjoy:
- Hikes in the Tsitsikamma forest or majestic Outeniqua Mountains
- Explore the many unspoiled stretches of beaches and rugged cliffs
- Explore the nearby towns of Knysna and Plettenberg Bay
- Visit the renowned Robberg nature reserve
- Explore Nature’s Valley lagoon, river and sandy beach a thirty minutes drive away (canoeing trips can be arranged on the lagoon)
- Visit the old whaling station and the chapel of St Andrews
- A visit to Monkeyland where they have a free roaming primate sanctuary
- Or a visit to The Birds Of Eden where they have a large free flight bird aviary spanning an indigenous forested kloof or valley
- Experience elephants at close quarters at the Elephant Sanctuary including elephant back rides
- Bird-watching in the wetlands or the inland afromontane woods
- Storms River canyon, a playground for river rafting, climbing, bungy-jumping, kloofing (canyoning), mountain bike trails, bass and fly-fishing, diving and snorkeling
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and also offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.