If you are tying the knot and looking for an unforgettable South African adventure to mark the occasion, a Cape Town and Kruger honeymoon itinerary is the perfect combination for your romantic escapade. Start your journey with 4 nights in the bustling mother city of Cape Town, before flying into the greater Kruger National Park area, to explore this breathtaking Big 5 wilderness.
Abbey Manor Cape Town Camps Bay
Hamiltons Tented Camp Deck Sunset
13 Nights Cape Town and Kruger Honeymoon Itinerary
Activities listed are a guideline only
Day 1: Your Cape Town and Kruger honeymoon will start as you fly into Cape Town International Airport. Here you will collect your Avis rental car, and make your way to the 4 star Abbey Manor, on the slopes of beautiful Table Mountain.
Day 2: Abbey Manor – Explore the heart of Cape Town on foot.
Day 3: Abbey Manor – Visit the V & A Waterfront for jam packed shopping and entertainment.
Day 4: Abbey Manor – Take a boat ride to the historical Robben Island. You could also hike (or take the cable car) up Table Mountain.
Day 5: Depart Abbey Manor and return your Avis car at the airport, where you will board your domestic flight to Hoedspruit, Kruger. Make your way by road to the enchanting Arathusa Lodge, Sabi Sand, where you will spend 3 nights.
Abbey Manor Cape Town Wine Tasting
Abbey Manor Cape Town Accommodation
Day 6: Arathusa Lodge – Relax in the infinity pool overlooking a watering hole.
Day 7: Arathusa Lodge – Enjoy twice daily game activities with experienced rangers.
Day 8: Depart Arathusa and take a short road transfer to the luxurious Hamilton’s Tented Camp, for a 3 night stay.
Day 9: Hamilton’s Tented Camp – Spot the free roaming game from your luxury safari tent.
Day 10: Hamilton’s Tented Camp – Twice daily Big 5 game drives.
Day 11: Depart Hamilton’s, and head to the breathtaking Mostwari, in Timbavati Game Reserve, where you will end your journey with a 3 night stay.
Arathusa Safari Lodge Dining
Arathusa Safari Lodge Suite
Hamiltons Tented Camp Tree Tent
Hamiltons Tented Camp Pool
Day 12: Mostwari – Track the elusive leopard on a game drive or walk.
Day 13: Mostwari – Relax at the lodge set in a pristine private reserve.
Day 14: Depart Motswari and transfer by road back to Hoedspruit, connecting onto Johannesburg, where you will board your flight back home.
Motswari Safari Lodge Camp
Motswari Safari Lodge bedroom suite
- Domestic flights from Cape Town to ORT International (Johannesburg) and onto Hoedspruit Airport
- Avis Car rental from Day 1 to Day 5
- 4 nights at Abbey Manor – Includes luxury accommodation and breakfast.
- 3 nights at Arathusa Lodge – Includes luxury accommodation meals, teas & coffees, twice daily game drives and bush walks. Excludes all other beverages.
- 3 nights at Hamilton’s Tented Camp – Includes 3 meals daily, 2 game drives per day.
- 3 nights at Mostwari, Timbavati – Includes luxury accommodation, all meals, 2 game drives and guided safari walk daily with refreshments, local beers, house wines and soft drinks (excludes bottled water and energy drinks)
- Road transfers between safari lodges – Hoedspruit to Arathusa Safari Lodge, Arathusa Safari Lodge to Hamilton’s Tented Camp, Hamiltons Tented Camp to Motswari Main Camp, Motswari Main Camp back to Hoedspruit Airport
Greatest Africa was founded in the greater Cape area, and also offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
V & A Waterfront & Table Mountain
Arathusa Safari Lodge Game Drive
Motswari Safari Lodge Dining