Tsala Treetop Lodge is one of our favorite destinations along the Garden Route. Set in a peaceful location near the town of Plettenberg Bay, among the tree tops of an age old indigenous forest, Tsala Treetops Lodge is a 5 ½ hour drive from Cape Town.
Tsala Treetop pool
About Tsala Treetop Lodge
Tsala Treetop Lodge is a celebration of Africa and its raw natural beauty. Like the monumental ruins of an ancient central African civilization, Tsala Treetop Lodge welcomes you with its impressive stone flanked by water features, and leading to a wonderful foyer supported by Blackwood columns. Elaborate glass, stone and wood, mixed with an afro-baroque décor of natural earth colours, rich in texture, and handcrafted fittings adorning the interior, sets the tone before revealing the most magnificent and lush tree-topped vistas. Tsala Treetop Lodge is a magical Garden Route destination.
Luxury Tsala Treetop Lodge Accommodation
Tucked away within their own private seclusion are ten luxury stone, wood and glass, treetop suites. Each one possesses an elegance and feeling of romantic indulgence. Each one comprises of a beautiful bedroom, a delightful sitting room with a fireplace, and a spacious bathroom. Adjoining the suite and looking over the forest is a private decking with infinity pool providing the ultimate luxury. For those with family or two couples holidaying together, there are six 2 bedroomed villas that are beautifully and sophisticatedly styled.
Suspended above the forest floor is the spectacular dining deck where a sumptuous breakfast is laid up every morning. For lunch and dinner, the Zinzi Restaurant is a relaxed dining experience with vibrant decor and a distinctive contemporary cuisine offering diners a memorable meal among the incredible forest setting. Zinzi Restaurant also possesses an extensive wine cellar selection of South Africa’s finest wines.
Magical Tsala night
Tsala Treetop Lodge Attractions
- Hikes in the Tsitsikamma forest or majestic Outeniqua Mountains
- Explore the many unspoiled stretches of beaches and rugged cliffs
- Explore the town of Plettenberg Bay
- Visit the renowned Robberg nature reserve
- Explore Nature’s Valley lagoon, river and sandy beach a thirty minutes drive away (canoeing trips can be arranged on the lagoon)
- Visit the old whaling station and the chapel of St Andrews
- A visit to Monkeyland where they have a free roaming primate sanctuary
- Or a visit to The Birds Of Eden where they have a large free flight bird aviary spanning an indigenous forested kloof or valley
- Experience elephants at close quarters at the Elephant Sanctuary including elephant back rides
- Bird-watching in the wetlands or the inland afromontane woods
- Storms River canyon, a playground for river rafting, climbing, bungy-jumping, kloofing (canyoning), mountain bike trails, bass and fly-fishing, diving and snorkeling
- Award winning local Golf courses nearby (e.g. Simola or Plettenberg)
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Request a quote!
Tsala Treetop Lodge