The Taj Hotel is a luxury hotel set in the vibrant heart of Cape Town, offering guests a combination of refined Indian hospitality and an authentic Cape Town experience. The hotel is a blend of heritage buildings and a ‘modern’ tower that is a reflection of the urban revival of this heritage area. It has its own individual design characteristics that capture the distinctive personality of the location and reflect the unique brand image of Taj.
About The Taj Hotel
The Taj Hotel occupies two historic buildings, and retains the architecture and many meticulously restored interior features of the original South African Reserve Bank and the old BoE building – formerly the Temple Chambers, built in 1890. Seventeen new storeys, house suites, guestrooms and residences were added, boasting magnificent views of the Mother City and the iconic Table Mountain. Taj’s doors open to a precinct that includes the national and provincial parliaments, Government Avenue leading through the 350-year-old Company Gardens from St George’s Cathedral, the cosmopolitan crafts of St George’s Mall and Greenmarket Square and a diversity of culture, art, entertainment and cuisine.
The Taj Hotel Accommodation
The Taj Hotel has 176 rooms Taj Cape Town that offer a selection of 11 room types. These include a two-bedroom, split-level Presidential Suite (TATA Suite) and 10 Heritage Suites. The Taj Club floor with its private lounge is served by a dedicated butler team, providing breakfast and evening canapés and cocktails. Within the restored historic buildings there are 20 Heritage Luxury rooms, with mountain views and a further 10 overlooking the city. The 17 new floors accommodate rooms with panoramic views of Table Mountain or the City, and all Tower rooms have a walk-out balcony. The rooms combine old-world quality and modern amenities. As well as the gamut of facilities that guests would expect in a luxury hotel room such as a mini-bar, safe, voicemail and international plug sockets, standard features include high-speed wireless internet, an iPod docking station and charger, an internet-enabled television and a work station with a multi-media hub so laptops can be interfaced with the television.
The Taj Hotel Activities
- The Taj is walking distance from The Company’s Gardens, St George’s Cathedral, Greenmarket Square and the bustling CBD
- Take a short drive out to the Southern Suburbs to visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, the Constantia Wine Route or hike the many mountain and forest paths.
- The V&A Waterfront is a short drive away, with a variety of incredible restaurants, the Aquarium and loads of activities.
- Dine at one of The Taj Hotel’s three bespoke restaurants – The Twankey Bar, The Bombay Brasserie and Mint, the Local Grill.
- Visit the Jiva Grande Spa and experience a spectrum of authentic, traditional Indian wellness treatments and experiences in a stylish and soothing setting.
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Request a quote!