Makanyane Safari Lodge is situated on 4,500 acres in the malaria free Madikwe Private Game Reserve, where the Big Five - lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant roam freely. The Madikwe Private Game Reserve is situated in the North West Province of South Africa, and is an impressive 187 500 acres in size. The Reserve is a mere 50 minute flight from Johannesburg International Airport.
Makanyane Safari Lodge Lounge
About Makanyane Safari Lodge
Makanyane Safari Lodge, located in the pristine Madikwe Private Game Reserve, was designed by a team of award winning architects. Effortlessly blending into the surrounding African bush, with luxury being the main ingredient, Makanyane ensures a relaxed and tranquil ambiance.
Accommodation at Makanyane Safari Lodge
With a beautiful main building and 8 luxurious suites built into a lush forest area of Madikwe Private Game Reserve, Makanyane Safari Lodge boasts spectacular views over the Marico River. The suites are decorated in the rich hue of Africa with walls of natural rock and thatched roofs. Each suite has an open fronted lounge that leads onto a private deck where you can relax, enjoying the sights and sounds of the breathtaking African bush that surrounds you.
Makanyane Safari Lodge Suite
Makanyane Safari Lodge Dining
Makanyane Safari Lodge Attractions and Activities
Makanyane Safari Lodge offers unforgettable game encounters, with several rustic hides have been positioned in the private reserve, one of which is a deck whereby you can sleep under the stars but with all the luxury of your suite. Beds will be made up on the upper deck of a hide hidden deep in the bush, next to a waterhole. Here you will experience a closer and more personal and with the sounds and experiences of the African bush at night. Famed for its wild dog populations, guests may enjoy a sighting of this rare and endangered creature, whilst experiencing one of many activities that the lodge has to offer:
- Well equipped, air conditioned gym and spa treatments enjoyed either on the private deck of your suite or in the secluded bush spa.
- Outstanding cuisine effortlessly prepared by the Executive Chef and his excellent team.
- Enjoy a variety of South African wines from a well stocked cellar at the Lodge.
- Prime game viewing on your twice daily game drives with qualified rangers. Spontaneous game drives are also offered should there be exciting animal activity close to the Lodge.
- Amazing birding for enthusiasts.
- Incredible photographic opportunities.
- Bush walks with qualified armed rangers and trackers, who will teach you how to track various animals and enjoy the quiet and stillness of the African bush.
- Bush barbecues and breakfasts can be served in the middle of the bush, where not a trace of civilization is evident.
- Specialist activities conducted by experts in their chosen fields, are offered at Makanyane Safari Lodge: astronomy, birding, cuisine, trees and animal behaviour.
- Secluded swimming pool where you can soak up the African sun and idyllic scenery.
South Africa is a superb destination for Africa safari seekers, and is ideal for families with malaria free Safari experiences such as Makanyane and Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge, both located in Madikwe Private Game Reserve. You may be interested in Greatest Africa’s luxury 6 Night South African Safari experience – A great adventure and introduction to the Big 5!
If you are travelling via Cape Town, Greatest Africa also offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Makanyane Safari Lodge pool
Makanyane Safari Lodge Game Drive