Le Quartier Francais is a exclusive boutique hotel in the heart of Franschhoek, the town known as the cuisine capital of South Africa. Not only does Le Quartier Francais boast "The Tasting Room", Margo Janse's triumph in the culinary world, but within a short walking distance you have access to other top restaurants, boutiques and art galleries. Le Quartier Francais has also been voted by Travel & Leisure as one of the Top Lodges and Resorts in Africa and the Middle East in 2013.
Accommodation at Le Quartier Francais
Le Quartier Francais is a splendid Cape Winelands destination, romantic and luxurious and equipped with a variety of exclusive accommodation options, to suit every travelers needs.
Le Quartier Suites:
Four Quarter Suites are situated around a courtyard swimming pool, with two suites upstairs and two suites downstairs. Each generously sized suite is luxurious and beautifully decorated with gorgeous fabrics, linens and lighting.
Auberge Suites are perfect for Honeymoon couples and families as they offer the space to unwind with your own small garden, private plunge pool and a loft upstairs for children under 12 years of age.
Petite Suites of which there are three, are smaller and look out over their own private garden.
Le Quartier Rooms:
Grande Rooms are also three in total, and are double volume everything from the huge king size beds to the double length windows. Ideal for honeymooners.
Auberge Rooms are smaller but with all the same luxury appointments as the Grande Rooms, and have spectacular views over the surrounding mountains and the central swimming pool.
Chic Le Quartier Francaise
Le Quartier Francais Attractions
- “The Tasting Room” has claimed the number two spot in the Top Ten Restaurants of the 2012 EAT OUT DSTV Food Network Restaurant Awards and also made EAT OUT Top Ten 11 times with Relais Grand Chef Margot Janse voted Chef of the Year in 2012.
- Sister restaurant, “Bread & Wine” is situated on nearby farm Moreson, where Executive Chef and Charcuterie King, Neil Jewell offers beautifully crafted dishes in a relaxed and rustic atmosphere, surrounded by lemon trees and vineyards.
- Cooking classes with one of the highly trained chefs at Le Quartier Francais
- Cafes and restaurants on your doorstep – spoilt for choice
- Quaint shops, galleries or even the tempting LeQuaf Tasting at nearby Huguenot Fine Chocolates
- You are in prime wine country surrounded by the vineyards of Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
- Fly fishing, golfing and horseriding are just a few moments away and can be organised by the consierge at your request
- Garden Tours with the Garden Guru, Sue Norman, who designed the spectacular gardens at Le Quartier Francais.
- Experience a walk through the Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve, which is a natural heritage site.
Once-in-a-lifetime experience: The Tasting Room
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and also offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Request a quote
Request a Quote
Please complete the below form to assist us in compiling a suitable sample travel itinerary before contacting you back. All greatest Africa compilation sample itinerary services are free of charge, and carry no obligation to appoint Greatest Africa as your travel agent. Contact one of our friendly consultants today to discuss your travel needs!