La Petite Ferme is perched on the side of a mountain, overlooking the gourmet capital of South Africa, Franschhoek. With spectacular views of the valley, surrounding mountains and vineyards, Franschhoek is one of the most charming corners of the Cape, and ideal base to explore the world famous Cape Winelands area.
La Petite Ferme Franschhoek Valley
La Petite Ferme Restuarant Interior
Accommodation at La Petite Ferme
Situated just 1 hour from Cape Town, La Petite Ferme offers a selection of 4-Star luxury accommodation from Family Suites to smaller suites, all catering for the most discerning traveler.
Vineyard Suites – there are five individual cottages all with magnificent views of the Franschhoek valley below, with suites ranging from Standard (shower only) to Deluxe Suites (full bathroom). Each cottage is furnished in a French Country style and all have their own private patios and plunge pools.
Manor House Suites – there are four individual suites in the Manor House, with a large swimming pool shared between the suites. This is ideal for families or a group of friends.
Lakeside Lodges are self catering, each with two en-suite bedrooms, private patio’s and sleeping a maximum of four guests. All the Lodges enjoy spectacular views of the Franschhoek valley, beautiful gardens and a trout-filled lake. Inside each Lodge you will be enchanted with everything to suit you requirements and make your stay comfortable. Cool in summer due to the higher altitude, and cosy in winter with ceramic fireplaces and logs by the door.
This is the perfect location for a relaxed weekend away or as a base to experience the world class wine estates and restaurants of the surrounding Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and Paarl areas.
La Petite Ferme Suite
La Petite Ferme Pool
La Petite Ferme Attractions and Activities
- Wine tasting on horseback
- Cellar tour at La Petite Ferme
- Live evening entertainment on the terrace under the trees every Friday night (in summer)
- Visit Haute Cabriere Wine Estate specializing in Method Cap Classic
- Dieu Donne Restaurants & Winery with is micro beer brewery
- Chocolate tasting at the Huguenot Chocolate Factory
- Rent a mountain bike and experience the Franschhoek Mountain trails
- Fly fishing at La Petite Ferme
- Experience the award winning restaurants in the Franschhoek and Stellenbosch areas.
- Wine and goats cheese tasting at Fairview Wine Estate
- Visit the glass blowing (venetian style) at Fairview Wine Estate
- Book a picnic basket at Allee Blue, Rickety Bridge, Boschendal or Warwick Estate.
- Play a round of golf at one of the top courses in the area
- Visit Solms Delta Wine Estate where there is an archeological site where you can read about the history of slavery in the Cape.
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.