Kapama Southern Camp is the newest addition to the Big Five Kapama Private Game Reserve, and is situated in the southern reaches of the Kapama Reserve in the Greater Kruger National Park area. The Reserve is 32 500 acres in size, and with the Kapama River running through the area you will experience prolific and diverse wildlife as well as the exhilarating African bushveld.
Kapama Southern Camp Lounge
Kapama Southern Camp Spa
About Kapama Southern Camp
Kapama Southern Camps is in the Kapama Private Game Reserve, established in 1986, initially as a farm and then converted into an ecotourism business by owner Johann Roode. The Reserve is still owner managed by the Roode family, and is world renowned for it’s Hoedspruit Centre for Endangered Species. The nearby town of Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport is within a short drive to the Reserve, and courtesy transfers are offered to/from the airport.
Kapama Southern Camp Accommodation
- 10 Standard en suite bedrooms with showers only
- 15 Luxury en suite bedrooms with full bathrooms and floor to ceiling glass windows, and private decks from where you can enjoy the spectacular views surrounding you at every turn.
Kapama Southern Camp Suite
Kapama Southern Camp Wellness Centre
Kapama Southern Camp Activities and Attractions
- The lounge and pool area is a perfect place to sit and read a book or view the passing wildlife
- Breakfast and lunch are served in the elegant open-sided dining room, while dinner is preferred served in the outdoor Boma (weather permitting) with a huge bonfire and the African skies as your canopy.
- Early morning and late afternoon daily game drives with a qualified ranger and tracker
- Bush walks with an armed, qualified ranger, where you can learn to track the various animals
- The Kapama Wellness Centre is surrounded by stillness and the sweeping landscape of the Reserve is the perfect place to spoil yourself
- Elephant back safaris – this is the closest you will get to an African elephant
- Elephant interaction – some people consider this a life changing experience
- Visit the Hoedspruit Centre for Endangered Species and view the rare King Cheetah, serval cat, wild dog and caracal to name a few of the animals in the rehabilitation centre
- Book a romantic open air sleep out, on a elevated platform, in a luxurious bed with a private dinner- this is an experience of a lifetime.
- Photographic safari workshops hosted by professional wildlife photographers
- Hot air ballooning
Guests travelling via the Cape may be interested in Greatest Africa’s private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
The Thulamahashe Children’s home, for orphaned and abandoned children, lies 40 km south of Kapama Private Game Reserve . A trust was established in 2009 and with fund raising and contributions from Kapama, this children’s home is a safe haven for children of the area. One of the highlights of the year is when Kapama treat the children to a game drive and a lovely Christmas dinner. This is a wonderful time for everyone involved.
Kapama Southern Camp Dining
Kapama Southern Camp Pool