Kambaku Safari Lodge is situated in the Timbavati Private Game Reserve, and enjoys unfenced borders directly alongside the Kruger National Park, within the Limpopo Province. Kambaku (meaning: solitary bull elephant) Safari Lodge is an intimate, family-friendly, 5-star lodge, situated in a wonderful bushveld area in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. The sought after Big Five and other wild animals roam freely, through a vast tract of land which includes the Kruger National Park.
Kambaku Safari Lodge
Kambaku Safari Lodge Hyena Pups
About Kambaku Safari Lodge
Kambaku Safari Lodge is named after one of the “Magnificent Seven” tuskers who roamed the area in the greater part of the last century. These elephants were famous for their enormous tusks, one of which weighed up to an estimated 60 kilograms. The Timbavati Private Nature Reserve spread’s over 133 480 acres of spectacular bushveld, and has over 40 mammal species and 360 species of bird life. Kambaku Safari Lodge presents visitors with outstanding value as an exclusive but affordable safari lodge, which is ideal for families.
Accommodation Kambaku Safari Lodge
8 thatched chalets make up the luxury accommodation at Kambaku, each with their own private patio and breathtaking views over the water hole situated directly in front of the chalets and Main Lodge area. Suites at Kambaku Safari Lodge are designed to reflect a cool calmness, with the main Lodge area an aura of tranquility, surrounded by the vast African bushveld.
Kambaku Safari Lodge Suite
Kambaku Safari Lodge Sunrise
Kambaku Safari Lodge Activities and Attractions
Kambaku Safari Lodge is owner managed by Bryce and Nicola, both passionate about the environment the bush and the wildlife in which they reside. Your hosts will welcome you to their lodge with warm and wonderful hospitality, outstanding service and an ambiance that shouts of “home away from home”. Kambaku is a nature lovers haven, and a offers a spectacular array of wildlife activities to enjoy:
- Exciting daily game drives with highly qualified rangers – stopping in the middle of the bush for drinks and snacks.
- Bush walks with armed rangers and trackers who will teach you how to track the wildlife! You might even spot a rare wild dog or the endangered ground hornbill.
- 350 different species of birds.
- Wonderful photographic opportunities.
- Beautiful views over unspoilt bush from your chalet from the main lodge where you can relax with a book and chilled glass of fabulous South African wine.
- Children friendly bush walks, game drives, educational games and discussions can also be arranged.
- Timbavati Private Game Reserve is not only home to the “Big Five” – lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo, but is also home to the world famous “White Lions of Timbavati”.
Located a five hour drive from Johannesburg, the quickest and easiest way to get to Kambaku is to fly into Eastgate Airport (Hoedspruit) – the lodge is then only a 30 km drive away. Return road transfers from Eastgate Airport (Hoedspruit)/Kambaku Safari Lodge can be arranged through Greatest Africa. Guests travelling via the Cape may be interested in Greatest Africa’s private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Kambaku Safari Lodge Lion
Kambaku Safari Lodge Elephant