Illyria House, Pretoria, is a 5-star boutique hotel nestled in the leafy suburb of Muckleneuk, Pretoria. Pretoria is the administrative capital of South Africa, within one hour's drive from the "City of Gold" - Johannesburg, and Johannesburg International Airport.
Illyria House Suite
Illyria House Patio
About Illyria House
Illyria House, Pretoria, is a grand establishment with white gloved butlers, 17th Century tapestries, fine antiques and fantastic cuisine. Illyria House is the ideal place to stay if you are heading onto Rovos Rail, the Blue Train or even heading off on a safari in the Kruger National Park. The property has magnificent views over the treetops of the historical Jacaranda City of Pretoria and is set in lush tropical gardens, teaming with birds where the word “paradise” springs to mind.
Accommodation at Illyria House, Pretoria
6 individually decorated luxury suites with en suite bathrooms and 5 star amenities.
A further 6 suites can be found at the Illyria Hideaway which is perfect for VIP guests who want complete privacy, small groups or families wanting some “together” time. The Illyria Hideaway is surrounded by Japanese inspired gardens and has a private pool where you can enjoy the wonderful dry summer weather of Pretoria.
Illyria House Suite
Illyria House Bath
Activities and Attractions
- Dining is par excellence at Illyria House, with all cuisine freshly prepared.
- Personalized menus may be requested.
- The Wellness Spa is a landmark in Pretoria and a variety of treatments are offered in a tranquil, relaxed environment.
- Pre-dinner music concerts are a highlight at Illyria House, with world class pianists entertaining you to classical music on the resident grand piano.
- Why not enjoy a sumptuous dinner al fresco, with views over the beautiful, candlelit gardens, accompanied by the subtle sounds of jazz in the background.
- Visit the Union Buildings, designed by Sir Herbert Baker and where former President Nelson Mandela was inaugurated in 1994.
- The Voortrekker Monument is also worth a visit – a lasting symbol of the suffering of the South African people during the Great Trek between 1835 and 1854.
- Kruger House is filled with momentoes from the Anglo-Boer War (1899 – 1902) – also worth a stop!
- Tours to authentic cultural villages of the Ndebele tribe.
- Tours to Johannesburg, Golf Reef City and Soweto can also be arranged.
- 40 minutes from Pretoria is the Cullinan Mine where the world’s biggest diamond was found (3100 carats), which now graces the Sceptre of the Queen of England.
- The Pretoria Art Museum has the finest collection of South African fine art in the country.
- Individual country picnics on request.
- Individual shopping expeditions can be organised through your own butler.
Greatest Africa was founded in the Greater Cape Area of South Africa, and offers private wine tours in the exquisite Cape Region. Our exclusive tours are guided by boutique wine producer Richard Hilton, of Richard Hilton Vineyards, who is also the founder and MD of Greatest Africa.
Illyria House Dessert
Illyria House Entrance